Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas baking, Part 2

Time for more holiday yummyness!

My family makes cookies every holiday season, as do most families. My mom also held a cookie exchange most years, so we always had so many cookies and bars floating around. Potato chip cookies have been around for as long as I can remember. They're fun, and delicious. I mean, come on, you get potato chips AND cookies in one bite?! What's not to love?



I thought I'd share the recipe in case you're feeling adventurous! These taste almost like pecan sandies, with the crunch of the chips. And they're not super sweet, which is welcome amongst all the other treats that you eat this time of year.

Potato Chip Cookies
makes approx. 4-5 dozen

2 c. margarine [I often use unsalted butter]
1 c. sugar
3 c. flour
3 tsp. vanilla
1.5 c. crushed ruffled potato chips [the ruffles are really important]
1.5 c. chopped pecans

Beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and flour gradually. Add pecans and then add the potato chips last. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown. [I actually had to bake mine for about 18 minutes, but my oven is lame].

***************************************************


And on an unrelated note, I finished my Christmas present shopping today with this cute shirt for my little sister. H&M...$7...you just can't beat that! Plus she's going to go nuts for it. She's got that "hipster" style all the young kids talk about [seriously though, what is a hipster? She's 17, but she makes me feel so old sometimes haha!]

And don't worry, we'll be back to sewing later this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages from friends :)