Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gotta love a successful swap!

So remember the llama mini that I made Jessica for our swap?

Today I got my package! Whee!


LOOK AT HOW CUTE IT IS. Seriously. My favorite colors. Paper pieced star. A pouch! That I didn't have to make myself! Because zipper tabs hate me! It's like the greatest. And that hand-stitching is fabulous.


Plus, it only gets better on the back! I know that Jessica is new to hand-stitching and you totally can't tell from this, it's so great!

So it turns out that it's pretty hard to take a picture of the inside of a pouch, but that's a French seam in there folks! Yep, no exposed, unfinished seams for this pouch. It's all about the little details :)


And to round it all out she sent a matching key fob. Heck yeah. I'm one of those people who will spend 10 minutes sifting through her purse to find her keys and then they've been in the side pocket all the time because I didn't want to lose them.

Thanks Jessica, I'm so excited to put them to use! :)

*PS, next week I'm going to reveal my new photo-taking set-up for those of you who are looking for [cheap] ideas on how to get better photos.

*PPS, Chelsea said I should put a button on my sidebar to make it easier for people to find my fabric? must.stash pattern and I thought it was genius, so it's over there on the sidebar. Click the photo and it takes you to my Etsy shop.

*PPPS, there were also several people who expressed interest in purchasing mustache minis, so there are a couple listings for those in my Etsy shop too!

*PPPPS - is too many postscripts!

3 comments:

  1. That pouch is adorable! I especially love the handstitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouch is gorgeous! You have great taste in colours. Looking at it I'd have never thought she was new to hand quilting at all =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved our mini-swap!
    I can't wait to see your photo taking set up...I've been trying to get better pictures lately but it's so difficult with this little stuff and no light box, specially when it's monsooning every afternoon...

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)