Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Finalist and a WIP!


Eeeee! Remember my Nautical Striped Skirt from this past Sartorial Saturday?

I entered it in the Full Skirt category over at Crafterhours and it made it to the Top 10! The judges pick a winner out of the Top 10, but there is a Reader's Choice Winner too. So, if you don't mind, take a moment and go vote for your favorite skirt! You don't even have to pick mine, although I won't complain if you do!


I think the best skirts out of the contest are in this category :)

So for today's sewing?...


I ended up going with jewel tones, added in some more fabrics and scraps that I found, and got to cutting last night!

I have to go to the LQS today to pick up the fabrics that I'll be using for my class samples, so I'll pick up some more jewel tones while I'm at it!

And on Monday my friend Amanda finished up her t-shirt Polaroid quilt. She now has more respect for quilters in general [this took us about a month, working in 5-6 hour shifts two or three times a week], and is proud to give her friend a birthday present that she worked so hard on. And I'm proud to have survived teaching the making of an entire quilt to someone that had only sewn once before!


Today is a happy Wednesday! :)

*Linked over at Freshly Pieced for the last regular WIP Wednesday of the summer!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it to the top 10! I'll head over and vote once I've finished this comment.
    Great choice on the Jewel tones.
    love the finished quilt! Is she going to write on the polariods? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats on making it to the top 10!! It is such a cute skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)