Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Variation of a HST

As promised, some HST triangle layouts...depicted by midnight cell phone pictures...a feast for the eyes, to be sure. *Note: I was originally just taking the pictures with the intent to remember the layouts for comparison later, which is why I wasn't even caring about whether they were blurry or not. Sorry folks.

These are all shown in the order that I was throwing them up on the design wall:

































I had to stop after about 2 hours because I realized I was making myself crazy with the sheer number of possibilities.


So, which layout would you choose?


7 comments:

  1. I love playing around with HSTs. It is like a puzzle that can't be done wrong. I like number 8 with the large blue diamonds and small orange diamonds. My second choice is the last one. Would have helped if you numbered them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the 7th one, actually (the slanty-diamond-thing). They're all pretty neat, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the top one and the bottom one, recently. The top one is very soothing, to me, and the bottom one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The versatility of HSTs is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like 5,6,7.....10 and 11....not much help I know..maybe you could do a sampler style quilt ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love HSTs! 2,3,4,6,8 are my faves. I think it would be really fun (if terribly time consuming) to actually make a full sized quilt from each layout. Then each bed, couch and chair in my houes could be covered in HST quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)