Sunday, September 30, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things [from the past week]

Eee! My little tiny garden is growing! Lettuce, rosemary, and pinto beans.

I didn't sew at all this week because of this guy. He's taking 2 different medications via syringe that need to be given 5 times a day. He has to wear that poor cone that he hates. And our biggest difficulty is getting him to eat...he refuses cat food, so the first few days we had to hand feed him canned chicken and baby food. Good thing he's still cuddly.

We harvested this watermelon at one of the neighborhood centers that my program works out of. Sitting in a bed of mint and basil and some weeds.

Started my weekend off right with a rainbow on my commute home! And yes, my car was stopped for this photo.

Started playing with some ideas for the Pillow Talk Swap. I'm kind of terrified to create something for my partner...



5 comments:

  1. My cat got hurt earlier this year and he had to have surgery and he was suppose to wear a cone too but instead, I used a baby t-shirt (newborn size probably). This way, he could move and clean himself but he could lick where he was hurt.. maybe you could try that too ?

    How come you're terrified to make something for your partner ? lol
    But I kind of get the feeling because I'm so intimidated too sometimes :) But you know what ? I like that feeling because it really pushed me out of my comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He couldn't lick where he was hurt.. made a little mistake !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kitty had a little tank top when he was sick too, rather than a cone. I actually think it might have been a rolling pin sleeve with armholes cut in it. He looked like he was thuggin' hard.

    I feel for you though. Hell hath no fury like a cat taking medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute garden. Hope your poor kitty gets better soon. Looks cute even in the cone though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not in the swap, but these are great ideas, I'd love to see them made up.

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)