Sunday, September 9, 2012

Would you like to sew along?

I've been toying with the idea of hosting a clothing sew-along for a while now. I specifically want to cater towards quilters who might want to expand their sewing skills into some clothing for themselves. I'd like to tackle a pattern together and demystify some of that weird clothing pattern language for you!


Burdastyle Kasia Skirt - this version sewn by Eunny Jang

Burdastyle Jenny Skirt - this version sewn by Kelli of True Bias

Victory Patterns Ava Dress or Blouse [I know, not super autumn-y, but classic!]


Fall is right around the corner for anyone who doesn't live in Florida, so I'm looking to make some clothing that can straddle the summer/fall season line. I'd like to sew-along in October. I have put together a list of possible options for a clothing sew-along [see pictures and links above]. If you say to yourself "I can sew a perfect 1/4" seam allowance and FMQ the crap out of a flat piece of fabric, but buttonholes and 3D sewing gives me the heebie jeebies," then this might be the perfect opportunity.

Please take a moment to fill out the survey if you're interested in sewing some clothing along with me so that I might know where to go from here. The pictures of the finished product are above, and are in the same order. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I voted. I also want to make the washi dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally be up for this if I wasn't already taking a dress making course in October! I will be watching with interest though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew clothes sporadically, but I'd love to sew along!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)